Monday, April 5, 2010
ACSI SCHOOLS PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE SEPARATE ACCOUNTS FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL!! More specific directions below.
STEP 1—ACCESSING YOUR DIRECTATHLETICS ACCOUNT
Each coach must have a DirectAthletics username and password for his/her team. If you don’t know your username and password, you will be able to create one or retrieve your existing account by following the instructions below. You will use the same account to enter all meets run through DirectAthletics.
If you already have a DirectAthletics account for your Track & Field team, and know your username and password…. If you do not have a DirectAthletics account, or if you need to open a second account for your middle school or high school team….
1) Go to www.directathletics.com
2) In the login box, enter your username and password and click Login.
(Remember that your password is case-sensitive)
ACSI: If you already have an account for your high school team, and you also have a middle school team, you will need to create a separate account for middle school.
1) Go to www.directathletics.com
2) Click on the link “New User? Click HERE”.
3) Follow onscreen instructions. You will be able to create an account online or retrieve forgotten information for an existing account. ACSI SCHOOLS: If you have both High School and Middle School teams, you must have a separate account for each team. It may be easier for you if you put HS or MS with the name of the school to keep them separate.
ACSI: If you have both High School and Middle School, begin with either one and follow these directions.
**NOTE ABOUT MEN’S AND WOMEN’S ACCOUNTS: You control only one gender at time, so you will complete the below steps for your Men, and then switch to your Women’s team and repeat the process (or vice versa). The team you are controlling is listed on the blue navigation bar across the top of your account, for example:
Sport: Track & Field Team: Ridgewood (Men)
This indicates that you are controlling the MEN’S team. To switch to your Women’s team, you would select “Ridgewood (Women)”.
STEP 2--SETTING UP YOUR ONLINE ROSTER
Before entering an athlete into a meet, you must add all active athletes to your roster. If an athlete is already on your roster (from previous seasons or meets) you do not need to add him/her again. This is a one-time process—you will not need to set up your roster each time you enter a meet.
1) Upon logging in, click the TEAM tab. (New users will automatically be in the TEAM module)
2) If you have used DirectAthletics before, you will see your existing athletes on your roster. New Users should click the green “Add Athletes” link.
3) Click the green “Add Athletes” link under the Team Roster header. Select an approximate number of athletes you would like to add (you can add more at any time).
4) Enter your athletes’ First Name, Last Name, and School Year and click “Submit”.
5) You may add, edit or delete athletes on your Team Roster at anytime by clicking the TEAM tab. To add athletes, click the green “Add Athletes” link at any time. To delete or edit athletes, check the box to the left of each athlete(s) and then click the red “Delete Selected” link or the blue “Edit Selected” link respectively.
ACSI: IF YOU HAVE BOTH HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAMS REPEAT THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE OTHER TEAM.
ACSI MEET: YOU MUST MAKE THE ROSTER PAYMENT TO ACSI BEFORE YOU WILL BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE. ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THAT, BEFORE YOU CAN DO THE NEXT STEP YOU MUST EMAIL THE MEET ADMINISTRATOR (ACSITRACK@GMAIL.COM ) WITH THE NAME OF YOUR TEAM SO YOU CAN BE INVITED TO ENTER THE MEET. YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ENTER THE MEET UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU DO THIS. IN THE EMAIL INCLUDE THE CITY AND STATE OF YOUR SCHOOL, AND MIDDLE SCHOOL, HIGH SCHOOL, OR BOTH. ONCE YOU ARE INVITED TO THE MEET BY THE MEET ADMINISTRATOR, THE MEET WILL SHOW UP ON IN THE “UPCOMING MEETS” SECTION OF DIRECTATHLETICS FOR YOUR SCHOOL. THEN FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
STEP 3--SUBMITTING ONLINE MEET ENTRIES
Once your athletes are added to your roster, you must submit your entries.
1) In the HOME tab (under Upcoming Meets) or in the SCHEDULE tab, click the green Register button next to the meet you wish to enter.
2) Follow onscreen instructions for submitting your entries. You will see a running tally of your entries on the right side of your screen.
3) When you are finished with your entries, click the “Finish” link.
4) You will see a list of your current, submitted entries. Click the appropriate link to receive an EMAIL confirmation or a PRINTABLE confirmation.
5) To edit your existing entries, click the blue Edit Entries button next to the meet name on your Upcoming Meets or complete Schedule.
ACSI SCHOOLS PLEASE NOTE: YOU MAY ENTER EACH ATHLETE INTO FOUR EVENTS, INCLUDING RELAYS, ONLY. YOU MAY NOT OVERENTER AND SCRATCH DOWN LATER. An athlete entered into more than four events will be scratched from one or more events to get down to the proper number.
ACSI NORTHEAST REGIONAL TRACK MEET
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR 2011
Note:In addition to sending registration forms to the ACSI regional office, each team will be responsible for entering the meet online via DirectAthletics.
STEP ONE: Due April 15, 2011
Send to ACSI:
· Registration form
· $8.00 per athlete (Please note: This is a non-refundable entry fee. Your school is responsible to pay this fee for each athlete submitted on the roster forms at this time.)
· New roster forms listing all athletes who will compete. Please do not register for events at this time. Keep a copy of your original rosters in order to be able to complete Step Two.
*Every athlete competing in the meet must be registered by April 15. No changes will be permitted to substitute or add an athlete after this date. If you have any question as to whether a particular athlete may compete, you must enter that athlete by April 15, or he/she will not be permitted to compete. To make it fair to everyone, there will be no exceptions to this rule!
STEP TWO: Must be completed by May 10, 2011, at 3:00 p.m.*
*NOTE: You would be wise not to wait until the last minute to make the entries. You can enter earlier and then change your event entries until the cut-off time. If you wait until the last minute and then cannot get the entries in for whatever reason (your internet access dies, you cannot figure out how to enter, your coach forgot to give the entries to the person entering, etc.), they will not be accepted.
This process will involve logging onto www.directathletics.com, entering your team information, entering your roster (which was due in Step One above), and then entering into each event (for student athletes already registered in Step One above; no substitutes or additions will be permitted). Instructions will be provided to you at a later date in detail once the information is provided to us by DirectAthletics. Please note that this is a standard way of entering meets, and most schools competing in the ACSI meet will have utilized this system for other meets. It is similar to the system used by the MACSA senior high meet.
This system will help us to alleviate some of the unnecessary administrative matters, such as checking the number of athletes that each school enters into a particular event, as the computer will not allow you to over-enter an event or over-enter an athlete into more than four events, etc. The good news is that this allows us to give you a later cut-off date for making event entries.